Sunday 8 May 2011

Woolgather Art Prize 2011

Hip hip hooray everybody......With Love From The Artist has been shortlisted for the Woolgather Art Prize! Click here to read all about it.





My proposal for the competition was: to present a documentary display of the project so far in the exhibition, and more importantly, to be present in and around the gallery and Leeds city centre for the duration of the show, leaving garments for the public to find.
The exhibition opened on Friday night, and I took the opportunity to begin my distributing at the private view.


As I only had a little handbag on me and wanted to be as discreet as possible, I started with a bundle of pretty scarves.


Number one - a pale blue silk scarf tied around a speaker upstairs in the space, just opposite my photos.



Number two: this heavily pattered orange and green scarf, tied around the door handle of the exhibition space.




Number three : a blue white and pink scarf on the middle landing of the stairs, next to Nikki Hafter's drawing game. (slight blurriness of images here suggests that at this point the wine may have been flowing).




Another pale blue silk scarf, this one with paisley pattern in red and pink. I left this on a shelving unit in the corridor upstairs which leads to the toilet. (wine theory reinforced here).




This pink scarf tied to the bannister downstairs. I can confirm that the bottles in the corner are not an installation, just further evidence of the fun times being had by all at the opening.



It must have been getting late by this point. One final pale blue scarf, tied to the bench outside the exhibition. I have no idea who these bare feet belong to!



No comments:

Post a Comment